Is your backyard sloped and hard to manage?
All too often backyards are inaccessible,with slopes and valleys that are rugged and not pleasing to look at.Year after year the weeds run rampant with over growth – until they are cut down with a ride on mower.
It seems pointless to continue this way. A beautiful backyard that is terraced with flowing waves of retaining walls provides structure to the land and sound environmental benefits.
There are five main benefits:
- Retaining walls provide terracing for planting flowers.Soil is kept in place.
- Expand usable space:
- Protect the land:
- Prevent erosion
- Protection against flooding
- Prevents damage to other areas of the property
Retaining Walls can be done in many different ways and finishes
Choosing the right retaining wall is easier than you think:
Choosing a retaining wall can be overwhelming. There are so many choices and designs-all offer a wide variety of benefits and costs. It is hard to know where to begin.
- Is it best to build rugged fortress like walls that embed the soil with out too much consideration for aesthetics? or does it have too look good and offer little resistance to the soil -but serve to act as a visual display?
Maybe a mix of form and beauty are required? the good news is you do not have to make the decision yourself !
We are here for you!
We will answer all of your questions.We love what we do- and it gives us pleasure to help others.Building a retaining wall is a big decision that will have quite an impact in your yard and living space. We encourage you to do your homework and call us.
- You will understand everything you ever wanted to know about construction and landscape management in one will explain the sound benefits your wall can play to prevent soil erosion, drainage issues as well as open up more usable living space.
Some of the services JS Landscape discuss:
- Construction of bench walls, hillside installation, decorative walls, planter walls, pillars, natural stone, garden walls, pillar mailbox and stream bank stabilization.
- Material choices are very important.Retaining walls can be constructed from variety of materials which include poured or block concrete, to sleepers or bricks, to raw stone to even cut and dressed ones or even timber.
- The type of look you are seeking is up to you to decide. Should the retaining wall be left natural, rendered or painted?
- How to design and build the actual wall: When Keith is with you he will provide the best choice of wall, and the construction techniques and methods he plans to employ .
Some basics of Design and Construction are the:
First, a retaining wall must be built on a suitable base.
Second, a retaining wall must have properly compacted backfill.
Third, since most retaining walls are impervious, which means water cannot pass through the wall itself, efficient drainage is crucial
Fourth, it’s important to know that the height as that determines the load it can bear and how much extra reinforcement will be necessary.
Choosing the right retaining wall is not easy- but you have access to a willing partner who is a local professional with years of experience and knowledge of best practices at your disposal.
- You are encouraged to learn all you can about the environmental factors – so you can choose the most appropriate designs that meet your needs, expectations and budget.
Do not be rushed- but make the best choice for your needs. We encourage you to call us with any doubts you may have about the complexities of design and beautification of your yard.